2011年10月25日 星期二

The Blue Mountains - A Perfect Family Holiday

I choose to go to the Blue Mountains for my holiday getaway. The majesty of the hills and the picturesque scenery, where awe-inspiring. The Blue Mountains actually have a blue haze, which comes off of them. I had a lot of exploring to do, in a short amount of time. There are seven national parks in this area, as well as a conservation reserve. It's hard to imagine that these beautiful mountains were once named the Carmarthen Hills, but I can clearly see why the name was changed.
I am totally impressed with the entire history here. A criminal named John Wilson, was actually the first person to cross the Blue Mountains. During my stay here, there was a rainy mist that seemed to hover over the mountains. While some might have found that to be detouring, I found it mystifying. The temperatures on the mountains are rather chilly, so anyone else traveling should remember to bring their jackets. In the summertime, the mountains usually stay between the 20-30 degrees Celsius and 60-70's Fahrenheit.
My favorite part of the whole area was the Edge Cinema. This allowed me to see all of the mountains in a panoramic view, it was stunning. I also enjoyed the Jenolan Caves. These caves gave me an insight to life during a different period. They are stunning limestone caves just outside of Katoomba. The Katoomba Scenic Railway, was also fascinating. This railway actually made the Guinness Book of World Records, pretty impressive if you ask me.
The best thing about my entire trip was seeing the sites; the second best thing was coming back to my nice hotel to rest. After all the site seeing and climbing and walking, I was pooped! While there are many accommodations in the Blue Mountains, I stayed at the most wonderful one. My room as very spacious, although, I should have went for the suite. After all the walking, my legs needed the rest and the heated undercover swimming pool, was perfect, what a way to relax aching muscles. I got in on a special package they have, called the stay and play. This package offers a full buffet breakfast each morning and passes to the golf course.
There are many styles of lodging in this area, which are perfect for all sizes of family. The locals are welcoming and open with tourists. This is the perfect place for ones family to have a holiday getaway. When looking for accommodation in the Blue Mountains, make sure you look for a place with special deals. Many of the hotels in this area actually offer full meals and passes to attractions. The next vacation your family takes should be to the Blue Mountains.
George Pettit is a journalist from New Caledonia. He is often writing about traveling and resorts such as accommodation in the Blue Mountains and similar.

沒有留言:

張貼留言